Caregiver Challenges – Tools & Tips
We really love the great tools and support Caregiver Action Network (CAN) provides caregivers. Check out these great resources from CAN to empower you on your journey.
10 Tips for Family Caregivers
1. Seek support from other caregivers. You are not alone!
2. Take care of your own health so that you can be strong enough to take care of your loved one.
3. Accept offers of help and suggest specific things people can do to help you.
4. Learn how to communicate effectively with doctors.
5. Caregiving is hard work so take respite breaks often.
6. Watch out for signs of depression and don’t delay in getting professional help when you need it.
7. Be open to new technologies that can help you care for your loved one.
8. Organize medical information so it’s up to date and easy to find.
9. Make sure legal documents are in order.
10. Give yourself credit for doing the best you can in one of the toughest jobs there is!
A wealth of resources at your fingertips
Connect with CAN