What’s important to understand is that volunteering need not be something that takes away from free time—it can make free time more enjoyable and worthwhile, because it is shared time with others who have similar interests or concerns. Volunteers find that whatever they give in time, effort or expertise is more than returned in camaraderie, satisfaction and achievement. Each position at Leeza’s Place has its own level of commitment and reward.
Volunteering has a meaningful positive impact on communities and organizations. Understanding not only the many benefits to the receivers of volunteer efforts but also the top reasons/benefits to volunteer, helps with volunteer recruiting efforts and strategies.
Here are just a few of the numerous benefits of volunteering:
• Learn or develop a new skill
• It can increases knowledge about issues related to their volunteer activities/assignment
• Focuses on your expertise
• Offers many ways to Connect with your community and give back, allowing you to have an impact on people’s wellbeing
• Offers a sense of achievement and motivation generated from your desire and enthusiasm to help
• Finding new interests and hobbies through volunteering can be fun, relaxing and energizing
• It is a brilliant way to get life experience through hands-on work
• Allows you to meet new people often a diverse group
• Offers an incredible networking opportunity
• Helps with interpersonal skills, understanding people better, dealing with difficult situations
• It is an activity that provides balance in life, showing characteristics of your true colors and what you are passionate about.
• Enhances your social support networks
• Promotes healthy aging – keeps you active
Want to lend a Helping Hand? Our Leeza’s Care Connections are always looking of talented, dedicated, compassionate volunteers. Check back soon for a way to submit your information online and someone from our Leeza’s Care Connection centers will get back to you.
Thank you for your time!